Code of conduct
- Health & Safety. Bed&Bath offers a safe working environment for its employees, conforming to Swedish health and safety laws and regulations and takes all adequate steps to avoid injuries and accidents. The company has appointed a responsible safety representative.
- Freedom to join unions. According to Swedish labor laws, all personnel at Bed&Bath have freedom of association and collective bargaining.
- Discrimination. Bed&Bath does not support discrimination in hiring based on age, sexual preference, religion, gender, national origin, political views, disability or union membership.
- Behavior. Bed&Bath shall not allow behavior including gestures, language, and physical contact that is sexually coercive, threatening or abusive.
- Company representative. The company has appointed a management representative and a non-management representative to ensure all criteria above are followed.
Control of suppliers. Bed&Bath requires all suppliers to follow their domestic labor laws with regards to:
- Child labor. According to ILO convention 138.
- Equal opportunities for its personnel, regardless of age, sexual preference, religion, gender or national origin.
- Forced labor. Bed&Bath requires all suppliers not to engage personnel which have not volunteered freely to work for their company.
- Health & Safety. All suppliers should offer a safe, clean and healthy working environment, including clean washrooms and running water.
- Work week. All suppliers should comply with the domestic industry standards of workweek and should not on a regular basis exceed 48 hours and all personnel should have at least one day off in every seven day period.
- Sub-contractors. Bed&Bath requires all its suppliers to enforce the same standards above to its sub contractors.
- Documentation. All suppliers should document that all above has been established.
- Factory visits. Bed&Bath, or through an inspection company, have visited and inspected virtually all suppliers’ facilities where products for Bed&Bath are manufactured, to ensure all requirements above are met.
- All suppliers will receive Bed&Bath’s Code of Conduct policy for review before commencing business with Bed&Bath.
Queries, concerning Bed&Bath’s Code of Conduct, are directed the company’s responsible manager,
John P. Berg, at email@example.com or +46 42 26 66 66.